A Levels 2017
Pupils and staff are celebrating record A Level results at Cheltenham College. Of the Upper Sixth cohort of 140:
- Well over half (55%) of pupils’ results have been graded A* - A
- Over 81% of results have been graded A* - B
- Our top 100 pupils scored 95% A* - B
- 1 in 3 pupils gained at least one A* grade
- 90% of pupils (126) achieved an A/A* grade
- At the very top end, 3 boys and 3 girls achieved straight A* grades
- 5 pupils attained 4 A* grades
- All 6 Oxbridge pupils have been successful in meeting their offers
Cheltenham College Headmaster Dr Alex Peterken says, “We are extremely proud of the well-deserved record A Level results. They justly reflect our pupils' hard work and efforts, of course supported by our outstanding academic staff. Subject tutors and Sixth Form mentors have provided our students with excellent teaching and the academic development required in the bridge from GCSE to A Level, and this has been complimented by fantastic pastoral guidance and support. This enables our Sixth Formers to not only gain excellent A Level results but to leave us as confident and mature young adults, ready for the next exciting chapter at university and life beyond College."
To find out more about what our Sixth Form has to offer, book a place at our Sixth Form Showcase on Saturday 2 December.
GCSE results 2017
Pupils and staff are celebrating yet another year of GCSE Exam success:
- 58% of grades are A* - A
- 85% of grades are A* - B
- Just under a third of all grades are A*
- 32 pupils achieved 5A*s or more
- 10 pupils achieved 9A*s or more
Simon Brian, Deputy Head Academic said, “We’re really happy with how our pupils have performed in their GCSEs and we’re looking forward to seeing their continued success in our Sixth Form in September. The hard-working attitude and academic discipline of our pupils remain exemplary, and as our boys and girls step up to the demands of our rigorous A Level courses they should feel confident that they will continue to flourish in all that they do. The breadth of our curriculum in our Lower Sixth enables pupils to develop even greater academic independence, as they undertake the EPQ as well as a range of inspiring Electives. Given our record A Level results this year, our Oxbridge and university success, there is much to encourage our new Sixth Formers as they embark on this next exciting stage of their education."