The Prep began a major period of development in 2015, bringing the school in line with 21st century facilities, whilst continuing to maintain the school's heritage and history. The Middle School buildings became The Prep's own Science and Design & Technology (DT) centre.
The Science labs were improved to the standard of the recently refurbished College Science labs whilst the new DT suite was completed in 2016.
We are now embarking on an entire refurbishment project of the Library. Having been carefully designed and planned with specialist company Demco, alongside staff at The Prep, we very much look forward to:
- A state of the art, 21st century library facility at the heart of our school.
- A multi-media hub designed to facilitate independent and collaborative research.
- A space which accommodates and encourages reading for pleasure in comfortable, visually appealing surrounding.
- A carefully organised layout that makes the library experience easy, enjoyable and inspiring.
- An opportunity to embrace the unique space and make the most of the stunning features.
The children are very much at the heart of the plans and, as such, had the opportunity to submit suggestions for a quote and image to be incorporated into the design. The winning ideas will receive a prize as well as their proposal becoming reality.
We have been delighted to receive a match fund of £25,000 from the Cheltenham College Charitable Trust and hope to raise £25,000 towards the overall costs of this exciting project to be able to put all of the incredible features planned into the development.
To find out more or if you would like to support the planned facilities improvements at The Prep, please do contact the Director of External Relations, Christiane Dickens, on email@example.com or +44 7881 850206.