Welcome to Cheltenham College Football Club. The Spring Term 2018 has seen the introduction of football to both boys and girls in Upper College. This a hugely exciting time for all those involved in the Football Club, which gives the senior members of College an opportunity to represent the school in a sport they love.
We have four XI’s, a 1st, 2nd and 3rd XI for the boys and a 1st XI for the girls. All of the teams are involved in competitive matches against other schools in what is a strong fixture list. Each XI has a head coach dedicated to developing and running their team. We have also developed a link with Cheltenham Town Football Club who deliver specialist coaching sessions over the term. This provides an excellent opportunity for our players and coaches to develop their skills to ensure that the football club builds a strong foundation from which to leap forward.
We boast excellent facilities, our main pitch is on College Field and we have two further pitches on Upper Reeves. The Football Club also offers football as an activity to Lower College pupils on a Monday afternoon, which takes place under lights on one of our newly re-laid astroturf pitches.
- Create an environment whereby by the pupils are able to flourish and enjoy football
- Develop the skills and techniques of both players and coaches
- Encourage players to take ownership of the game, be accountable and enjoy a culture of respect, humility, and success
- Deliver challenging/active football sessions
- Ensure that Cheltenham College Football Club provides an opportunity for players to improve and achieve as a team and as individuals.
For any further information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Head of Football